If you are interested in applying for the vacant museum director position, please see the details listed below. Note submission date is August 31, 2017. Only applicants selected for an interview will be called. Please do not call or email to inquire about acceptance. Thank you.
Seeking a Director
The Baltimore Area Museum Corporation is seeking a director to manage all operations of the Baltimore Museum, Griley House, and historic Poplar Creek School House. All of the properties are in close proximity to one another and are located in Baltimore, Ohio.
The candidate we are seeking is a creative, organized, and self-driven individual that can multi-task and enjoys interaction with the community. The Director will work closely with the museum board and report directly to the board at regular intervals. An interest in history must be coupled with a background in either libraries, museum, historical preservation, education, non-profit administration or closely related field. A degree from a 2 or 4 year institution is desired but not a requirement.
This is a part-time salaried position that requires a flexible schedule. Regular office hours, as well as some weekend and evening hours are expected for special events.
About the facilities.
The museum is an 8,000 sq. ft building that holds historic documents, artifacts, and memorabilia from Baltimore and Fairfield County and items date back to the early 1800s. The collection is vast and varying and requires care for items such as vintage Model A cars to fragile papers, linens, and photographs.
The Griley House is a beautiful 1920’s era home in which the main level is used for event rentals and the upper level is occupied by a tenant.
Poplar Creek School House has been restored within the last decade. The original school desks, bell, windows and flooring are all intact. The facility is used for private tours, school groups and small functions. A small cemetery is also on the property.
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
– Preservation/archival work. Proper management of fragile documents.
– Organizing/ cataloging historic documents and photographs.
– Creating aesthetically pleasing and historically accurate displays to better engage visitors.
– Managing community connections and meeting with local civic groups and historical groups around Fairfield County.
– Managing scheduling for all facilities, especially Griley Rentals.
– Day to day facility maintenance. This includes housekeeping items.
– Prompt and friendly customer service when interacting with visitors and responding to messages and requests.
– Basic knowledge of technology is required to maintain website updates, weekly Face Book posts, email, advertising and creating publishing materials for events.
– Competent in Microsoft Office
– Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
Interested and qualified applicants should mail or email resumes, cover letter, and references by August 31, 2017.
Send to: Baltimore Area Museum, Attn. Ron Bibler
209 East Market St. Baltimore, OH 43105
Or Email: RBibler@columbus.rr.com